Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Brian's Update - Huge Prayer Request Thursday

Well folks it's Brian again. Apparently Amanda liked me updating the blog so much she has nominating me again. Luckily I am feeling well enough this week to do the update.

Last week was a little rough for my blood work. We had doctor's visits at 7:30AM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Each time I had to get some kind of blood products to help boost my counts back up from danger levels. In all, I had four units of blood and three large bags (18 units) of platelets. The doctors have not been surprised with my recovery so far as they expected me to react this way to round six of chemo. I, on the other hand found last week a little trying as I had no stamina to walk around the hospital. Amanda got her workout's in by pushing me around the hospital in a wheelchair. I started feeling better on Sunday and yesterday's blood work confirmed my levels have gone up and my body is starting to recover.

This week is another round of M, W, F blood testing along with some very important tests on Thursday in which I will undergo another round of PET and CT scans. These tests will be one of the most important round of tests I have had to date as it is our hopes and prayers that the spot under my left arm will be gone. Currently the doctors won't really give us any firm answers on what will happen if the spot remains after the eight rounds of chemo. I know I have two more rounds of chemo regardless of the test results but for me this is a mile stone. Amanda and I understand that it may still be a little early for the doctors to tell us what's next but it is so hard to not know what's next. Many of our friends were hoping we would be back by now but it is looking like it will be at least late June. We just don't know which is why are praying so hard for the spot to be gone.

The unknown time frame is one of the hardest things about being down here. It is starting to feel like we have had our lives on pause for the last five months with no end in sight. That is why the tests are so important to us. If the spot is gone then we could start looking forward to the end of this trial. Amanda and I were just commenting today on how it feels like February and not April to us. Time has flown by very fast for us which is good as long as there is an end in sight.

We have appreciated all the support and love that we have received so far and am grateful. We really need everyone's prayers on Thursday. We want to come home! We really want to come home. We won't be able to find out the test results until Monday the 14th when I start round seven. We will let everyone know when we find out. Talk with you soon!

B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you on Thursday. We need you to come back to work. We miss you here!

Take care of yourself. You should be seeing the light at the end of this journey.

Amy

Mom said...

Brian, I'm so glad your levels are increasing and am so hopeful that they will be high enough for you to start the next round on Monday. I can't even begin to imagine how badly you and Amanda must want all of this to be over and for you to be back home. I hope you will be comforted by the love and prayers of the many people who will be praying for you and Amanda tomorrow as you go through the round of tests.

The Iveys said...

Brian we are praying for the spot to be gone so that you guys can come home soon. We think about you both every day and cannot wait to see you again! Love, Tim, Amber & Caden Ivey

Jamie said...

Praying for you both tomorrow & for your tests! STAY STRONG & HANG IN THERE!!!! We love & miss you from home :) God Bless!

Unknown said...

Glad you folks were able to come home for a few days. We love you a bunch. Nothing to say that others haven't said better. You're both constantly in our thoughts. Uncle Bill Milam and family.

acanada said...

So, it's Monday the 14th. Let us know what the tests say...we love you and are praying everyday!

Autumn